What is a PUC Certificate or Pollution Under Control Certificate?
The full form of PUC Certificate is Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC). The certificate acts as an approval document which contains the emission levels of your vehicle, and if they are within the stipulated pollution norms. This is done through authorized emission testing centers which are usually situated in petrol pumps across India.
How To Get a PUC Certificate?
- To get a PUC Certificate for your car or bike, follow the below guidelines:
- For a new vehicle, the dealer will provide the PUCC, valid for 1-year, therefore you need not apply for the same.
- For pollution certificate renewal, take your car or bike to the nearest emission test center to get it checked and get the PUC Certificate after paying the required fee.
- Through these two methods, you can get a PUC Certificate for your car or bike.
Step-by-Step Guide to Get a PUC Certificate:
You can get your vehicle checked for emission levels and get a PUC Certificate at:
- Petrol pumps or fuel stations across the country which have PUC Centers to get your vehicle tested.
- Licenced auto emission testing centres with a computerized facility.
- Standalone emission testing centres.
Here is the step-by-step guide to get a PUC Certificate:
- Take your vehicle (bike/car) to the nearest emission testing centre.
- The operator will scan the exhaust pipe through a device to check the emission levels of your vehicle.
- After you pay the fees, the operator will issue the PUC Certificate along with the test reading.
How To Get a PUC Certificate Online?
Currently, the government has approved only authorized emission testing centres and RTOs to get a PUC Certificate online. From checking the PUC Centre application status, the online payment of fees, issuing pollution certificates online to registering new or old PUC Centre, the government’s PARIVAHAN web portal offers various transport-related online services.
How To Download (PUC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Online?
The Government has launched the Parivahan online platform for availing transport-related services including Pollution Certificate Download option. The following steps help you understand how PUC Certificate download works:
How To Check Application Status?
To check their application status for new emission testing centres, the government has launched an online platform for services related to PUC Certificate. Follow the steps below to check the status:
- Visit the PUC Certificate section of the Parivahan website and enter the Application ID and the security code provided.
- Click on “View Application Details” to know the status of the application for an emission testing centre.